domingo, 11 de abril de 2010

My Poems: Staying Conscious

Just wrote a new poem. Just now.

staying conscious

I sift through my broken pieces,
sip the poison,
shift into something else

I’d better run
before I start feeling conscious

there’s a fire I cannot feed
a nothingness
filled with joy
and I’m standing on a railway
waiting to be found

I’d better speak
before I start shrinking to the size of a drug pill

there’s not enough blood
to keep me alive
I wouldn’t want to take that away from you

I start regretting
the withholding
and
touch
your surface

there’s nothing you can give me
that hasn’t been taken away before
with a stranglehold

I’d better taste the poison
before I take in the pain

and all of this time
I was only
trying
to stay conscious

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário