quarta-feira, 20 de janeiro de 2010

Trying to find me again

I was doing a bit of soul searching this afternoon and so I decided to bring out my graduation ribbons. I knew they would remind me of what is important. One in particular, the one I wrote for myself, always tells me exactly what I am, and brings me back to the right place. The right state of mind. And I need it now. Here are some of the quotes I wrote in that ribbon, which still make a lot of sense to me today:

a) "Love is an irresistable desire to be irresistibly desired", Robert Frost

b) "What else is love but understanding and rejoicing in the fact that another person lives, acts, and experiences otherwise than we do?, Nietzsche


c) "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before", Edgar Allan Poe


d) "I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity", Edgar Allan Poe



Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário